A venue that is no stranger to obstacle runs, Rat Race has taken over Total Warrior’s Shap Abbey site to give a stunning Lakes debut.
With views to the High Fells and mountains of the Lake District National Park and very easily accessed from the M6, the venue is a belter. The course is hilly as you’d expect in these parts; interspersed with water features and mud a-plenty. Add some trademark Survival obstacles and it’s a weekend you do not want to miss. Weekend camping available with hot showers, serviced tent options and the usual Rat Race craic in the bar.
You can do a second lap for £25 and bag a ‘LAP 2’ wristband and a t-shirt.
Available for entries into waves 1, 2, 3 or 4 only. Add ‘Super Survival’ to your order for £25.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A £5 PREMIUM TO RUN IN WAVE 1
All prices include VAT at 20%. An administration fee of 5.99% will be added to all transactions. *Season ticket with solo entry only.
– Why have the extra fee rather than just putting up the entry price?
• No-one likes hidden extras. We are upfront about this fee. The fairest way for us to be fully transparent is to separate this cost out and explain it. The Processing Fee has discrete input costs independent of the direct costs that produce the event. We reserve the right to change this fee based on the processing costs at any time.
– Why use the system we use?
• The online payment process is provided by Paypal so it is very secure.
• It offers the opportunity to pay directly from your Paypal account (if you prefer this to paying by credit card or debit card).
• It is the cheapest and best value solution we can find and it is tailored to the events you are entering. We feel it is very competitive in the marketplace, versus the fees charged by other professional event operators.
• It integrates with charity donation web sites so there is a quick and easy way for you to raise money and obtain your fund-raising discount, should you choose.
– This fee covers the costs of operating the following:
• The credit card and Paypal processing fees
• The IT development in building, hosting and maintaining the online entry system.
• The associated bank fees and insurances required to process the event registration fees
• The administration personnel costs of running the registration database
• VAT at 20%
– Why add on a percentage rather than a set fee?
• Rat Race offer such a range of challenges that our price points vary massively. Therefore it is considered the fairest option that all customers are charged the same %age pro rata.
– How can I save money?
• The processing fee will be less the earlier you enter (as it is calculated as a %age) so take advantage of the Early Bird offers to get the best prices across the board.
• Buy a Rat Race Season Ticket